Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1 year ago we got the call...

My husband laughs at me and my remembering dates and how I take a trip down memory lane to much, or so he says! I love going down memory lane, I love to think about our family and the important dates. It brings so much joy to my heart. I reminds me of how truly blessed I am; it is like sunshine to my soul.

It was a little after 3pm one year ago on Jan. 5, 2010.  I was getting ready to pick the kids up from school because they had a 4pm dentist appointment. And my phone rang, I thought nothing of it really. I answered and it was our social worker and I still thought nothing of it. And then the words came through the phone- we had been matched with the little boy that we were interested in, we had a son! . I was shocked. I was caught completely off guard. I did not hear a single word she spoke after that. I honestly did not think we would get a call that soon. The last time we were interested in a baby it took a couple weeks after the "cut off date" (the date we had to notify the agency if we were interested in a child) to be notified that we had not been chosen.
It was the 5th, the cut off was the 5th by noon, it was just a couple hours after the cut off. I hung up the phone and frantically tried to call Joel...he wasn't answering his cell phone or his work cell. So I called again and again and finally left a message to call me ASAP! After a few minutes, which felt like hours, he called me. He was surprised and ecstatic, but he had to go. I so wish that I could of had a few more minutes relishing in the exciting moment. I then called my mom and my mother-in-law and left them both messages to call me. All of the sudden it dawned on me-dentist appointment...I had to go! I rushed to get the kids from school and we were fashionably late for their appointment. But at that moment I did not care! I was beyond excited! I checked my e-mail when I got home for our official referral and found this photo of out precious son and was even more in love.


In honor of this day we prepared a box of donations to send to Holt (Korean adoption agency).


And now, he is home....

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3