Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The count down

I am sorry that I have not blogged in awhile. I wish I could say that I have been too busy, which we have been busy, but not too busy to blog. The truth is that I have not been dealing well with the last few weeks of the wait. It is tough. Really tough. When you want something so bad and it feels like it is forever away. When things do not go as you thought and are delayed a week.  Yes, just a week, which somehow feels like forever. I find myself clinging to the promise that our Heavenly Father placed on my heart when we first started this process.

Habakkuk 2:3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.

I know in my heart that my God has this all planned out and we are indeed leaving at the perfect time for us and for our beautiful daughter. And I know soon our daughter will be in our arms. I just wish that I could get my flesh to believe like my mind does.

We received our travel approval (TA) on June 6th. We were hoping to leave on June 20th but as you probably have gathered that was not able to happen. Instead we will be leaving on June 27th and return home on July 11th. We hope to meet Aliyah on July 1st or 2nd. Our appointment at the Consulate is July 9th- we are still waiting on the rest of the details. It looks like we will be meeting some of our friends that we have met on our FB group in Ch*na. I am REALLY looking forward to that. What a blessing it will be to meet some of our wonderful friends. There is even a possibility that we might be on the same flight as one family.

Financially, for the most part, we are ready for the trip. God has been working in some very BIG ways and has really blessed us beyond measure! Our "Food and Fire" fundraiser went really well. We had a lot of fun at our benefit dinner too. Thank you to everyone who has supported us by giving, praying, calling or sending messages, you have blessed us! Please continue to pray for us as we wait and journey half way around the world to bring home our beloved daughter and treasure of the King.

Soon this sweet girl will be in our arms!

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3