Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 3 with Aliyah--rest

We had tours scheduled for today but we cancelled them due to Aliyah's heavy grieving. I am so glad we did as Aliyah has been sleeping for most of the day and the temp outside is 106. Aliyah did fairly well this morning. She sat with me at breakfast and let me feed her and she slept for about 3 hours in my arms. I think Alaina has been a bit bored but has handled to quiet time well. We met up with another adoptive family for dinner....we had a great time.
After dinner Aliyah was all smiles for Joel and Alaina, she even walked a bit holding their hands. But with me she continues to cry when I try to get too close...at least I had a few moments this morning.


1 comment:

jillianw04 said...

Becca, as we prepare for our own trip, This is one of my biggest fears. I have always had such a strong relationship with our four bio boys. I sometimes get scared of the possible rejection of our adopted daughter. Our Esther is in a similar situation...deeply attached to someone in Ch*na. I think what makes it more difficult for us as moms is that we started loving these little ones even before we knew their names. We want to jump in and love them immediately with everything we have!
It is hard to be forced to hold back...
But, I have complete faith that what G*d called you, He will equip you for. Seeing your struggle and your resolve to love her through it...to put your own expectations on the back burner...is more of a witness than you'll ever know. Sometimes, I think we show the depth of our love through our resolve in the REALLY crappy stuff. Aliyah will look back on this blog many years from now and she will see how desperately you loved her as you waited for her heart to heal and open up to that love. You are an amazing mommy, Becca! I don't even know you personally, but I can see it in the story you share here. Hold onto that resolve and know that another mama out there is praying for you!!! :)

jill winslow (from the winter dtc group)

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3