Friday, June 14, 2013

Any news??

"So, any news??"

Yes, we have news, but not the kind we were hoping for, at least most of it anyways. We did receive word that our dossier paperwork was logged in on 5/24 :) We are now waiting for our LOA (next paperwork step) and I suspect we will be waiting much longer than we initially thought or hoped. Our agency does not expect our LOA to be issued anytime soon. We started this process hoping to do a medical expedite. We had good intentions, but from the very start we have hit delays. Unfortunately the delays are not over.

 I am honestly just heartbroken over all of this.

A couple weeks ago Ch*na implemented a new system for their adoption paperwork. Unfortunately, the system is not quite working as we all hoped, and Ch*na has not been able to accept or process a majority of the adoption paperwork for 2 1/2 weeks now. It has delayed many families and caused a lot of heartache. We also received word that the US Embassy in Ch*na is moving in July. They will be closing for a couple weeks to do so and will not be processing any paperwork either. Since Ch*na is not processing paperwork and the Embassy is slowing down due to the move, there is a big backlog.

 There has also been a lot of sad news in the adoption community lately...lots of sweet babies that never had a chance to meet their moms or dads, or children that only experienced the love of a family for just a short time. My heart breaks for these families and just makes my heart hurt even more for our  waiting daughter. We know "Hope's" health is fragile and all this sad news just makes me panic even more.  I have done a lot of praying and way too much thinking. I am taking a break from FB and all other adoption sites. As much as I love and cherish all of my adoptive friends, and as much as I love cheering them on in their process, my heart is just too heavy right now. I have selfishly decided that I really just need to focus on my family and enjoy the summer with my beautiful kids. Trusting in God's perfect timing is incredibly tough sometimes.

I know that these delays mean nothing to my God.... I am trusting that He will bring our sweet girl home when it is time. Sometimes, I can feel His peace, sometimes not so much.... I am so thankful for those moments when I do. I am so thankful that His presence can still be felt. I am so thankful that He is continually working in my heart and guiding me with His grace. He loves our "Hope" more than I can imagine... and what a blessing that is.

         
Isaiah 40:31                 
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.


No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3