Monday, September 16, 2013

Thank you

 
I laid down last week to take a nap with Ayla. As I laid  next to her, feelings of joy and complete contentment just washed over me. She was really there next to me. She looked so peaceful and I was, and still am, completely and totally in love with her- my daughter.

We are not new to adoption and I can honestly say that those "love" feelings did not always come so easy with our past 2 adoptions...all of which is completely normal. This time around it all has been so different. I could not help but think about how God really lead and took care of us, and how many generous people had been a part of our "story". It is so amazing, really. I also thought about all the  hours I had laid in that very same bed, tossing and turning, worrying and praying for peace, for money, for Ayla's health. All the times I was scared. So many times the "What If's" had consumed me. What if we do not raise enough money to bring her home? What if she dies? What if I could not do "this"- parent this many kids, meet Ayla's needs, provide and love them all? What if "they" were right? What if 6 was too many?  So many had cautioned us, and asked us to really think this through -which we did. We heard words like microcephaly, failure to thrive, "retarded" (a term that I HATE) and un-adoptable. All the time God was working and asking me to trust. He was graciously providing peace when I doubted the most. He was using so many of you reading to meet every. single. need. that we had.  And, even though I failed to trust completely, our girl is here and all the "What Ifs" had vanished completely.  She is so beautiful and just simply amazing. She is pure joy.

Yes, she is delayed and does have some medical needs, but, she is still so perfect in every way. She is the most loving, joyful, determined, child ever. She is always smiling and laughing. She is incredibly brave and so very strong.


 



 I worried for nothing. Ayla could be diagnosed with a thousand things, never obtain her balance, or never live independently, and I, we, would love her anyways. She is a priceless treasure to us and to our family. She is a gift that God has given us. It is such an honor to be her mom and to be  her family. God has some BIG plans for her, I just know it. She has gained 5 lbs already and has grown a couple inches taller too. She is pulling herself up, standing pretty well, and is taking some shaky steps. She is saying about 5 words spontaneously, babbling like crazy, and we have enough doctor appointments to keep us busy for awhile- which is good. We cannot imagine life without her.  She really just fits right in. She has 5 brothers and sisters loving on her, cheering her on, and teaching her new things, like how to crawl and play, and the most important thing- how to make silly faces. She adores them all.



 



 
 



Saying "thank you" to those that have helped us bring Ayla home does not seem like enough...really it isn't enough. To everyone that has helped us in some way, whether you helped with one or 10 of our fund-raisers, prayed, emailed, called, offered support, listened, shared our story, donated funds or helped with paperwork...it mattered. Everything mattered. You made a difference. You have been a part of something so big - you have been a part of a miracle. Thank you from the very bottoms of our hearts. Ayla would not be home without our God and the love and support of everyone who cared.

 Thank you for blessing us and for being a part of our story. We will never forget your generosity.


Ephesians 3:20

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,



 

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3