Monday, August 19, 2013

A little update from GZ and some pictures

 
We are very happy to be here in GZ. The hotel is beautiful, and the staff is great! We have met so many great families . It has been fun getting to know some of them and meet their sweet children too. There are lots of great food options around and the hotel breakfast is great. I think the best part is our guide- he is so funny and just lots of fun to be around, not to mention incredibly helpful and thoughtful too.
We are missing our kids back home. We skyped with them last night and they are missing us too...there were lots of tears.  Just a few more days and we will be heading home. As much as I love it here, we are ready. We really want to get Ayla home so we can start getting her the medical treatment she needs too.
In the hotel lobby-going out for dinner
 
The little "park" behind our hotel




Joel and our awesome guide at dinner
 
 Ayla was awake quite a bit yesterday, which was great to see, since she has been sleeping most days. She ate very well yesterday too. We taught her how to play peek-a-boo and she LOVED it! She really is just so sweet.
So sweet

You stack them like this, Daddy.

See, I can do it!

peek-a-boo

Again!

That's fun!

Ready for bed...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not sure why I'm just now seeing this! I've been watching for updates! Looks like Ayla is doing well and getting more and more use to you!! Love you and still praying for more adjustments, especially when you get home!

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3