Friday, November 19, 2010

Danes consult

Well, Dane had his consultation appointment today for his syndactyly. It did not go as planned, well at least how I planned. I was really hoping to get definite answers and a possible surgery date. We were referred to another orthopedic surgeon. The tips of his fingers are fused and it sounds like he will need a bit of reconstructive surgery done on the tips of his finger, including his fingernails. I am happy we got at least some answers. The doctor did say that we might be able to do both hands at once. I of course want to do what is best for Dane, but having one surgery and one recovery, not to mention less doctor visits, sounds really good to me. Dane did not like being at the doctors office(he never does), nor did he like them examining his hands. Poor guy, he cried so hard. I felt so bad, but I know it is for his own good. He did capture the the attention of all the office ladies with his good looks. I, of course, could not agree more - he is quite the cutie! He is exhausted from the days events and is sacked out in the chair with daddy. I can't help but fall more and more in love with him every day.
Laina and David will be home soon and I am looking forward to a relaxing Friday evening at home. It's been a long time since we have just stayed home and I can't wait! I am one blessed mamma!

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3