Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving!

Well, Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I was hoping to post this post earlier but have not found the time...

It was about 5:30 Thanksgiving morning, I was unfortunately awake, I was exhausted,  had so much to do and my head was POUNDING! Alivia was finally asleep, she had been up all night with an ear ache. Joel was getting ready for work, yes work on Thanksgiving. I still had to pack for our trip to the Great Wolf Lodge and get things ready for Thanksgiving at my mom's.  And now Alivia and I needed to make a trip to the ER for her ear. Needless to say I was feeling less than thankful. So I called my mom at about ten minutes to 8 figuring she should be up. My step-dad answered and I shared with him about my morning and that I would probably be a bit late to Thanksgiving lunch...he immediately said, "How can I help? Can I make a dish for you? I am sure your mom will come pick up the kids so you can take Livi to ER."  And that's when it hit me - I have so much to be thankful for!  I have a husband who works all hours of the day and night to provide for our family, I have a mom and step-dad that will do just about anything for me (within reason of course), not to mention other members of the family too.  I was able to get medical attention and medication for Livi thanks to doctors, nurses and other medical staff that gives up their time on Thanksgiving to serve the community and little girls that need to feel better for Great Wolf Lodge.  My day did NOT go as planned and I did NOT get everything done that I needed to but over all it was good day!  And of course it was Danes 1st Thanksgiving with our family - his forever family and that alone was special!  He did really well being away from home for so long too! He even took a short nap - in my arms of course, but he napped!  Joel did make it to Thanksgiving too, about 3 hours late, but he made it none the less!


                                                               A little Thanksgiving fun!

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3