Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dane's 3rd family day!

Three years ago today, in Seoul Korea, I met my son for the very first time.
I did not know at that moment what I was getting myself into, and that is probably a really  good thing.




Dane is a passionate kiddo. I am actually still trying to figure out what "makes him tick". He wears his heart on his sleeve and has no problem letting you know exactly how he feels. If he loves you will know. If he doesn't...well...you will know. If he actually looks at you when he talks, you must be someone incredibly special. And sometimes, I swear, he is the sweetest kid I know.

 


 He has tried every ounce of patience in me and made me cry like I never have before. He has made me doubt everything I thought I knew about parenting, and has taught me more than I ever thought I could learn. He has also humbled me on more than one occasion.  He is the only child that can make me laugh hysterically one second, then blazing mad the next. My heart has never ached so badly, until I became his mom.  I am a better mom because of him. I am so proud of how far he has come the past few years.


He has the craziest, most expressive facial features, and I love that about him. It just fits right in with his "heart on his sleeve" personality.


I know that life with Dane will continue to be "passionate" with lots of tears, laughter and learning.
But, it is oh so worth it. I am so blessed to be his mom.

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3