Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Do you need it today?

 
With our LOA being issued on Friday, and the fact that it is on its way to the US, sent me surprisingly into a bit of a panic. If things *go well*  we can expect to travel in about 6 weeks or so. That seems like a long time, but yet doesn't. With all of that came the reality that we still need $15,000...in 6 weeks. Yikes.

I spent the majority of the morning looking over our bank statements....over and over again. Flipping the pages. Setting them down. Picking them up to look again as if the number somehow quadrupled since I looked at them last. I finally set them down, making myself do something else.

That something else turned into me looking through the house trying to figure out what we can sell. All of that turned into a big waste of time. I finally decided to pray...which is what I should have done right from the start. And as I prayed I started to feel better. At one point I could hear God saying to me, almost in a comical way, "Do you need the money today? Why are you worrying when you do not need it today?" (Ummmm, nope. Do not need the money today. Thanks for the reminder)

I felt instantly better. And I even had a bit of a smile on my face. God has already finished this journey. He has already seen the end. It is in his hands. He is walking beside me cheering me on, loving me, providing for every need in His time. He is telling me to keep going. He has this.

Such a simple truth, but yet so hard to believe.

Hebrews 12:1-2

12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith....
 
 


No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3