Sunday, May 2, 2010

My first post...here we go!

OK, after lots of prompting I finally decided to start a blog. I can not promise anything, as technology and I do NOT get along. And also, I have never been good with words, but I decided to give it a shot.
As most of you know we are in the waiting for a TC (travel call) stage of our adoption. Our little guy is now 9 1/2 mo. old. This journey has not been easy at all. But we have been blessed beyond words!! We have seen the hands, feet, and face of Jesus more throughout this year for sure. I can't even put it into words.
Here is the latest... First, I will start with our most recent frustration. Our I600 (permission to bring Dane into the US) form was sent back to us after sitting for 30 days at the USCIS (United States Citizen & Immigration Services). Uugghhh! I was told it would be another 45 days to get it assigned to someone plus processing time. Not what we wanted to hear, since this is the biggest part holding us up for our travel call! We contacted congressman Pete Hoekstra and he has offered to help! Thank you!!
On a lighter note, we had our benefit spaghetti dinner and that was a success for sure! Thank you to everyone who helped and donated!! The donations exceeded our expectations! We also received a $3,000 grant and we had a very generous person donate another $5,000. So, total we have raised just over $9,100!! All in a week and a half! God is sooo good!! A very dear friend of mine told me, "It must be getting close, good things are starting to happen!" I hope so. But for now we wait and trust in God's perfect timing. Some days are easier than others! Well, that is it for now. I promise to post some updated pics. when I get a chance.
~Becca

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3