Thursday, May 6, 2010

Updates and stuff...




Oh, where to begin...Joel's said that I left a few important things out of my first posting. And I suppose I did. So, here is an update of some old news, we decided to name our little guy Dane Eun-jun. Naming him was quite a challenge for many reasons, but we are very happy with his name. We sent him a care package back in April. We were very excited to receive a pic. of him with his foster mom and his package! Thanks to everyone who prayed that his package would get to him, as there was no guarantees that it would. We did get a well baby check report at the same time and he is doing well!! He is a chunky little guy! We purchased a "new to us" dresser about a week ago. I got it re-painted and it looks great. We now have a dresser for Dane in David's room. I still have not put his clothes in it...I am not quite ready I guess. I did order a baby memory book too. Adoption memory books are really hard to find. I am hoping it will be here soon.
New news...I received an email 2 days ago from the National Benefit Center ,aka NBC,(our I600 was forwarded there...new system), they have our I600!! WHHOOHOOO! It should be assigned to an officer by the end of the week, if it wasn't yesterday. They hope to have a decision made in 15 days, as long as they have everything they need. I have to say the NBC staff is very helpful and really nice :)
We recieved a list of donations that were needed for Holt Childrens Services and their 5 pregnancy shelters. Alaina really wanted to help, so her and I went shopping last night for baby clothes and supplies, lotions, and maternity clothes. We had a great time. Thank you to Kohls and Target! They had lots on clearance for under $5! When we got home Livi was bummed b/c she didn't go. So, I took her this a.m. and we picked up a toy and some infant rice cereal (rice cereal not avail. in Korea). We feel it is the least we can do! Here are a couple pics. of the girls. OK...so I did want the pics. at the bottom of the post. LOL!

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3