Monday, October 10, 2011

Second Hand Surgery

On Sept. 22nd Dane had his 2nd hand surgery. All went very well, even a bit better than the last time - surgery only took 2 1/2 hrs and they only need to do 4 skin grafts vs 6. But... Dane has been struggling big time. We have been through 3 casts and have had a lot of regression with his speech (he was finally starting to make sounds), attachment and have also had a lot of whinny and anxious behavior. I am not sure if he has been having more pain ( hard to tell with a child who can't tell you) or if the 2nd surgery was just too much; he is such a sensitive child. Or maybe it is a combination of both and the change in schedule with school...I just don't know.  So, we have been taking one day at a time and loving him through it.
Poor boy.  Most of our days are like this.

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3