Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Update(s)

Well, we finally got an update from China today regarding baby L. It was not a good update at all. The update was very, very vague and stated that her condition is critical and she is no longer available for adoption. China asked the agency to send her file back and to remove her from any waiting child websites...and that's it.
I honestly feel that we were/are supposed to be praying for her, maybe that was our purpose, the reason why our paths had crossed. I don't know. I do know that God is in control and he has a bigger plan for baby L and for us too. We have faith and we are clinging to that. We are sad to hear this news but at the same time God was faithful to us and answered our prayers; we feel a sense of peace. We knew going in to this that it would be hard...

I feel funny posting this after the China update, but here it is anyways.
Dane got his cast off yesterday and....his hand looks amazing!! It has healed very, very well. His doctor is very pleased and very happy. This 2nd surgery went much better than the first. Dane is free to get his hand wet and free to play! No brace or therapy needed. The skin grafts look great!! I was one happy mama when I saw and heard how great his hand looked! Dane seems to be one happy boy now too, well at least for the most part!



No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3