Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Home 6 weeks!

Things are beginning to feel a bit more normal! Dane is still clingy and definitely prefers to be with me but he is beginning to settle in and show us who he really is! He, by the way, is really sweet, all boy and quite the little ham! He loves the water and watermelon. He would live on watermelon if I let him. Our other kids are beginning to finally enjoy his company! David and Dane have a unique relationship, it is really hard to explain, or even put my finger on how it is so special, but they adore each other - I really hope it lasts forever!

As most of you know Dane has not been to fond of Joel (DH) but that is really starting to change! I have seen Dane start to reach for him and even cry when Joel leaves the room! Sounds so funny, but that made me so happy when he cried for Joel! They both have really struggled with the transition but over the past week or so Dane has slowly been melting Joel's heart! How could you not love that little guy!

We have slowly started introducing him to some of our family and friends. It seems to be going OK.

We do have our set backs some days, but over all things are getting better and better everyday! This journey has been amazing! We have learned so much about ourselves and have gained so much! I would not trade any of this for anything! We are so blessed!

~Becca

Doggy kisses! Mya is not that bad after all!















No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3