Friday, January 6, 2012

Forward motion...yippeee!

I received an email today from our adoption agency - our state sealed, authenticated dossier (all our paperwork (minus our I800A approval...boo)) had arrived at their office and it looks to be in order!! I could hardly contain myself. It feels so very good to be so close to getting our dossier to China. Getting our dossier to China is the one of the biggest step to getting our daughter home.

Getting all this paperwork ready took months and was very frustrating at times. To begin with we had 13 documents that we needed to gather. All of those documents needed to be notarized, state sealed and then sent to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago to be authenticated. We also had 5 other documents to gather that needed to be notarized (including a psychological evaluation), 4 additional miscellaneous documents to complete, and also get passport size pictures of Joel and I and 6 pictures of our family and home. Not to mention the hours of training we had to complete.



Now, all we need is our I800A approval (permission from our US gvmt to bring a foreign born child in tho the US) which we should hopefully have in the next 2 weeks.


Just when I felt so low and at the end of my rope with the lack of paperwork movement, God provided me with some good news and renewed strength.

Isaiah 40:31
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3