Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Care Package

We ordered a care package for our little girl in hopes she will get it for Christmas. The ordering part was a bit different for us as we sent our own to Dane in Korea. I have to say ordering one was much cheaper as well. From what I have read and learned it is quite common for families to order their care packages from a business in China that has them delivered to the orphanage. We used Ann with Red Thread and so far have loved the experience. She translated a letter for us and labeled a disposable camera for us in hopes that the orphanage staff will take pics of our sweet heart. She also requested some pictures and updates. We do plan on putting our own care package together and mailing it to her, hoping and praying she will get it. We just feel like we are missing out on something by not picking out and buying our own items to send...just feels different, kind of disconnected. In fact, it  was our first plan to send our own, but with the sickness that hit our home I just ran out of time. And actually, I think this will work out better to send our own later, maybe at Valentine's Day. Anyways, here is the pic of our care package.



                                            The waiting is hard, especially around the holidays.

No comments:

"Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you... For I am the Lord your God..
~Isiah 43:1-3